At the end of last hockey season I posted a blog titled “What I Now Know For Sure.” https://thehockeysummitblog.com/2015/02/26/what-i-now-know-for-sure/
Some people gave me some nice feedback about it and it was fun to put together. Recently a couple of hockey fathers suggested that I should do a follow up piece as we are getting close to a new season getting underway.
So as the 2015-2016 season is upon us and we are all looking forward to the season, here are 20 more things that I now know for sure.
Remember……this game is supposed to be fun….enjoy!
- Late August turns into late December very, very quickly.
- The only real constant in this game is change.
- I will keep my streak of 20 straight years of incorrectly picking the Stanley Cup winner…..
- Backup Goalies will continue to forget to fill the water bottles…..guaranteed.
- Some players are going to have amazing years…..
- Some players are going to sit back in amazement and wonder what went wrong.
- My feet will hurt.
Hockey players will stay with billet families for the first time……. and they will remain friends the rest of their lives.
- Shattuck St. Mary’s will probably have good teams……
- College programs will commit to players too soon….
- College programs will miss out on good players because they feel like they are too old……..
- I will still not find a good cup of coffee in any rink……
- My wife will wonder why the hell I am going to a rink at 7am on a Sunday morning…..
- An NHL coach will be fired by the end of November.
- There will be amazing parents in the stands every game supporting and encouraging their children.
- There will be complete jackass parents in the same stands disparaging refs, coaches and kids…….please encourage them to be more like #15s…..
- Best friendships will develop……..some for life.
- Somewhere on the road I will break down and order Poutine…….
Some parents will drive through weather this year that seasoned truck drivers wouldn’t……
- By season’s end I will again know for certain that Hockey is still the greatest game in the world.
Best of luck everyone! Have a great season.